Skip to main content

The Calendar is Booked this Week

We may as well get the prayers a rolling as this week is going to be rolling at the speed of light!  Could you pray for us?  Here is what we have going on in the next 8 days: Fire marshal home inspection, Todd and Erin's physical exams and vaccine updates, all 4 of the kids physical exams and vaccine updates, meeting with our case worker, sanitary home inspection, finger prints and background check, and...our spunky daughter #2, we call here "Buggy" is turning 5!! Thank you for lifting us up in prayer during this busy week!

Can I just say how different Todd and I can be when considering where we place our worry?  Todd is not a needle person.  He is most worried about the doctor's appointment and any shots or blood draws required.  Me on the other hand, I'm thinking, "What does a sanitary inspection mean?" I know the health department has to come to my home and browse around!  That's enough to make any homemaker squirm.  I'm thinking Q-tip swabs and petri dishes, men in white lab coats with gloves and goggles on tip-toeing through the house looking for germs.  I'm thinking about those Oprah specials when they reveal how the cracks of your hardwood floors even contain lethal bacteria.....OK, I'll just stop and go breathe deeply (on my way to the cleaning closet to get the disinfectant wipes and Q-tip wipe the house first!) Partially joking here.

See, we bring our prayers before the Lord even in the little adventures life brings us!  He's OK with that.

Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane Tray Table Cover for Travel!

In my part of the world, the popular sport of choice for this season is sewing.  Sewing?  Yes, well, it's a winter sport for me with its challenges, obstacles, and skills to be improved upon!  Not to mention that it hasn't been above 10 degrees Fahrenheit for near a month and with wind chills at -25 to -40 tonight, one just has to stay inside in the comfy cozy walls of home! Out comes the sewing machine and projects left behind from seasons past.  This time, I decided to tackle a new project that will be put to good use in the future: an Airplane Tray Table Cover for future traveling!  Thinking of sunny Ethiopia just brightens the mood from the winter blues too! After searching the web, and viewing images of other "airplane tray table covers" (search it, you'll find them), I decided to create my own.  This is pic is of my first attempt.  Overall, it turned out fine and I am happy with the end result.  To give you an idea, this would slip over...

Miserly Moms Recipes

After posting some ideas about tips for the family budget, I had many positive responses and am encouraged that many of you will be putting forth an effort to set a food budget and stay within that budget.  Take a visit here to view the previous post. Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy is an excellent resource for money saving tips, menus, recipes, and family organization.  After looking it up on Amazon, apparently my copy is the "collectable" edition...oh geez, that makes me feel old.  There is a newer edition that Jonni has available in a Kindle version for $7.99 .  Note: Kindles weren't invented yet when I was starting out as a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom)  Ha.ha.laugh.   Here are some highlights from the book (the one made of paper) :   1. Don't Confuse Frugality with Depriving Yourself  2. Remove Little Wasters of Your Money 3. Don't Buy Everything at the Same Store 4. Make Your Own Whenever Possible 5. Eliminate Convenience Foods ...

The "firsts" that I don't want to share

The firsts that I don't want to share. When we started our adoption process nearly 3 years ago, Christmas was always a mile marker.  We began in December 2012 and Christmas was always the one event that we wished for Tarik to be home. "Maybe next Christmas" turned into "maybe next Christmas."  When asked when we thought that Tarik would be home, we'd say, "hopefully by Christmas." The holidays were hard in the waiting time and just wanting the family to all be together for those holiday moments pulled at our hearts.   Finally, this year, 2015 was our first Christmas home with our new son!  And the reality of Christmas, couldn't have been farther from what I ever imagined of our first Christmas to be together.  It was Tarik's first Christmas home.  A time to celebrate and be joyful!  After all this time of waiting.  But it also turned into the first Christmas without my dad.  Not a 'first' I want to share. My dad is a heal...