Skip to main content

Home Study In Hand!

I nearly hugged the Fed-Ex man today but he slipped away too quickly before I could even open the door!  I did try to catch a picture of his truck though!!  The kids were like, "mom, you've really lost it. Why are you taking a picture of a truck?"  This isn't just any truck- it just brought our notarized original Home Study!! We've been waiting since February 9th when we were completed our requirements and now today on May 9th 2013....it's here!!

So I open it up, take a look at the last page with the notary stamp, flip back to the front page to skim.....AHHH!  They made a mistake and have my son's birthday wrong! (again...we've already sent in 2 pages of mistakes during our editing and reviewing).  This is frustrating and disappointing but I know it'll get mended.  Just a minor bump in the road and not going to let it steal my joy that I have papers to touch!!! Yippeeee!!!

Last night I filled out the next step.  The I-600-a form which goes to the United States Homeland Security for US Citizenship and Immigration Services.  In my simple understanding, this is the step where we have yet another set of fingerprints taken and an international clearance accepted for us as the adoptive parents.  This also sets the stage for immigration services for when we bring the children home to the U.S.

This process is between 4-6 more weeks.  While we wait we are getting papers notarized and then authenticated with the State Department. After that, we will have all our requirements and be ready to send the dossier (the big pile of papers all pretty and notarized, authenticated, certified, specialized....) ready to be translated and to Ethiopia!

Praying for the rest of the journey and for bumps in the road to be smoothed over as the Lord sets our paths straight.  He's already there!!
                                          (there goes the Fed-Ex truck!)  

Comments

  1. The United States Homeland Security for US Citizenship and the United States Homeland Security for US Citizenship and Immigration services
    can really help you to come out of this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Found the i600a form and info. at:
    http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=abde5f56ff55d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD Wow, that's long. Anyone else who needs go to the www.uscis.gov site and click forms. You'll find it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane Tray Table Cover for Travel!

In my part of the world, the popular sport of choice for this season is sewing.  Sewing?  Yes, well, it's a winter sport for me with its challenges, obstacles, and skills to be improved upon!  Not to mention that it hasn't been above 10 degrees Fahrenheit for near a month and with wind chills at -25 to -40 tonight, one just has to stay inside in the comfy cozy walls of home! Out comes the sewing machine and projects left behind from seasons past.  This time, I decided to tackle a new project that will be put to good use in the future: an Airplane Tray Table Cover for future traveling!  Thinking of sunny Ethiopia just brightens the mood from the winter blues too! After searching the web, and viewing images of other "airplane tray table covers" (search it, you'll find them), I decided to create my own.  This is pic is of my first attempt.  Overall, it turned out fine and I am happy with the end result.  To give you an idea, this would slip over...

Miserly Moms Recipes

After posting some ideas about tips for the family budget, I had many positive responses and am encouraged that many of you will be putting forth an effort to set a food budget and stay within that budget.  Take a visit here to view the previous post. Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy is an excellent resource for money saving tips, menus, recipes, and family organization.  After looking it up on Amazon, apparently my copy is the "collectable" edition...oh geez, that makes me feel old.  There is a newer edition that Jonni has available in a Kindle version for $7.99 .  Note: Kindles weren't invented yet when I was starting out as a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom)  Ha.ha.laugh.   Here are some highlights from the book (the one made of paper) :   1. Don't Confuse Frugality with Depriving Yourself  2. Remove Little Wasters of Your Money 3. Don't Buy Everything at the Same Store 4. Make Your Own Whenever Possible 5. Eliminate Convenience Foods ...

The "firsts" that I don't want to share

The firsts that I don't want to share. When we started our adoption process nearly 3 years ago, Christmas was always a mile marker.  We began in December 2012 and Christmas was always the one event that we wished for Tarik to be home. "Maybe next Christmas" turned into "maybe next Christmas."  When asked when we thought that Tarik would be home, we'd say, "hopefully by Christmas." The holidays were hard in the waiting time and just wanting the family to all be together for those holiday moments pulled at our hearts.   Finally, this year, 2015 was our first Christmas home with our new son!  And the reality of Christmas, couldn't have been farther from what I ever imagined of our first Christmas to be together.  It was Tarik's first Christmas home.  A time to celebrate and be joyful!  After all this time of waiting.  But it also turned into the first Christmas without my dad.  Not a 'first' I want to share. My dad is a heal...