Skip to main content

Week 9 and 10 Wait


Welcome to our family countdown as we are counting the weeks until we get our referral of the children we will be adopting from Ethiopia!  We are requesting the blessing of 1 boy and 1 girl sibling group in the age range of 0-5 years old.  Our agency has been in contact with us and I know that they are looking for us to match us with these two precious children that will soon be grafted in to our family! 

This marks the beginning of week 10, and as week 9 rushed past us with the start of our home schooling year, we still do not go a day without talking about the new children, thinking of them, and praying for them.  

This week in our schooling we were beginning our Social Studies class with an overview of the continents and oceans.  Little Buggy, age 5, wrote on her map's continent of Africa "I want to see you."  It was precious!  She is longing to see her new sister and brother and she speaks of them often. "I bet they will like pancakes.  I think they will think bubbles are funny.  I think they will sleep well."  All kinds of things Buggy says to us about her daydreams and hopes for the new kids.  

Week 9 verse: "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher then  your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts."  Isaiah 55:9

Week 10 verse:  "The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?" Proverbs 20:24

Wondering when all this is going to come in to play?  We can't wait either!  But, continually putting our trust back in the hands of the Lord as He surely knows the plans He has for this!! 

Thank you for your prayers and continued encouragement as we take this journey on together! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane Tray Table Cover for Travel!

In my part of the world, the popular sport of choice for this season is sewing.  Sewing?  Yes, well, it's a winter sport for me with its challenges, obstacles, and skills to be improved upon!  Not to mention that it hasn't been above 10 degrees Fahrenheit for near a month and with wind chills at -25 to -40 tonight, one just has to stay inside in the comfy cozy walls of home! Out comes the sewing machine and projects left behind from seasons past.  This time, I decided to tackle a new project that will be put to good use in the future: an Airplane Tray Table Cover for future traveling!  Thinking of sunny Ethiopia just brightens the mood from the winter blues too! After searching the web, and viewing images of other "airplane tray table covers" (search it, you'll find them), I decided to create my own.  This is pic is of my first attempt.  Overall, it turned out fine and I am happy with the end result.  To give you an idea, this would slip over...

Miserly Moms Recipes

After posting some ideas about tips for the family budget, I had many positive responses and am encouraged that many of you will be putting forth an effort to set a food budget and stay within that budget.  Take a visit here to view the previous post. Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy is an excellent resource for money saving tips, menus, recipes, and family organization.  After looking it up on Amazon, apparently my copy is the "collectable" edition...oh geez, that makes me feel old.  There is a newer edition that Jonni has available in a Kindle version for $7.99 .  Note: Kindles weren't invented yet when I was starting out as a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom)  Ha.ha.laugh.   Here are some highlights from the book (the one made of paper) :   1. Don't Confuse Frugality with Depriving Yourself  2. Remove Little Wasters of Your Money 3. Don't Buy Everything at the Same Store 4. Make Your Own Whenever Possible 5. Eliminate Convenience Foods ...

The "firsts" that I don't want to share

The firsts that I don't want to share. When we started our adoption process nearly 3 years ago, Christmas was always a mile marker.  We began in December 2012 and Christmas was always the one event that we wished for Tarik to be home. "Maybe next Christmas" turned into "maybe next Christmas."  When asked when we thought that Tarik would be home, we'd say, "hopefully by Christmas." The holidays were hard in the waiting time and just wanting the family to all be together for those holiday moments pulled at our hearts.   Finally, this year, 2015 was our first Christmas home with our new son!  And the reality of Christmas, couldn't have been farther from what I ever imagined of our first Christmas to be together.  It was Tarik's first Christmas home.  A time to celebrate and be joyful!  After all this time of waiting.  But it also turned into the first Christmas without my dad.  Not a 'first' I want to share. My dad is a heal...