Skip to main content

The Beauty in the Wait-Weeks 11,12,13

I know that in waiting beauty is being created.  "Rome wasn't built in a day" so the saying goes, and not even the Universe was created in one day! Often I think of the mystery of the butterfly and the waiting time for that little caterpillar to change. The chrysalis being just a phase that will one day reveal the lasting beauty that it was always intended to be!

Knowing that God's creation goes through seasons and cycles and changes, I hold on to the time-tested promises that one day, things will be in the beautiful state that they were always intended to be here in our family!

This waiting time is beginning to get tough.  The first several weeks just flew by and we weren't expecting any news from the adoption agency, so I think they were easier weeks.  Also there was the huge relief of the paper weight being off our shoulders that did keep us flying high for awhile.

Now there is down time. Wait time. And "no news" time. In Ethiopia, courts have been closed for rainy season, New Year's Holiday, and they are now going through an adoptive law change, BUT things do seem to be picking up again.  Other families are getting their embassy appointments for their children's visas (the second trip to pick the kids up and bring them home!) and still other families are getting court dates, while some are making travel arrangements too.  All this is great news!  Thankful for progress and movement still occurring in this adoption system!

So here we wait, starting week 13!  We are praying for God's timing, praying for movements to continue and babies to continue to be brought home to their forever families.  We are praying for our children as surely they are at the orphanage now and going through a very difficult time in their young lives.  

Week 11 verse: "He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken." Ps. 62:6

Week 12 verse: "O Lord you have examined my heart and know everything about me.  You know when I sit or stand.  When far away you know my every thought.  You chart the path ahead of me, and tell me where to stop and rest.  Every moment, you know where I am.  You know what I am going to say before I even say it.  You both precede and follow me, and place your hand of blessing on my head." Ps. 139:1-5

Week 13 verse: (Sept. 16th week): "Faith makes us sure of what we hope for and gives us proof of what we cannot see."  Hebrews 11:1

Thank you for praying for us, for this journey, and for the soon coming children!!  We are grateful and confident that He hears every word of our prayers!  Stay tuned...the best is yet to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane Tray Table Cover for Travel!

In my part of the world, the popular sport of choice for this season is sewing.  Sewing?  Yes, well, it's a winter sport for me with its challenges, obstacles, and skills to be improved upon!  Not to mention that it hasn't been above 10 degrees Fahrenheit for near a month and with wind chills at -25 to -40 tonight, one just has to stay inside in the comfy cozy walls of home! Out comes the sewing machine and projects left behind from seasons past.  This time, I decided to tackle a new project that will be put to good use in the future: an Airplane Tray Table Cover for future traveling!  Thinking of sunny Ethiopia just brightens the mood from the winter blues too! After searching the web, and viewing images of other "airplane tray table covers" (search it, you'll find them), I decided to create my own.  This is pic is of my first attempt.  Overall, it turned out fine and I am happy with the end result.  To give you an idea, this would slip over...

Miserly Moms Recipes

After posting some ideas about tips for the family budget, I had many positive responses and am encouraged that many of you will be putting forth an effort to set a food budget and stay within that budget.  Take a visit here to view the previous post. Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy is an excellent resource for money saving tips, menus, recipes, and family organization.  After looking it up on Amazon, apparently my copy is the "collectable" edition...oh geez, that makes me feel old.  There is a newer edition that Jonni has available in a Kindle version for $7.99 .  Note: Kindles weren't invented yet when I was starting out as a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom)  Ha.ha.laugh.   Here are some highlights from the book (the one made of paper) :   1. Don't Confuse Frugality with Depriving Yourself  2. Remove Little Wasters of Your Money 3. Don't Buy Everything at the Same Store 4. Make Your Own Whenever Possible 5. Eliminate Convenience Foods ...

The "firsts" that I don't want to share

The firsts that I don't want to share. When we started our adoption process nearly 3 years ago, Christmas was always a mile marker.  We began in December 2012 and Christmas was always the one event that we wished for Tarik to be home. "Maybe next Christmas" turned into "maybe next Christmas."  When asked when we thought that Tarik would be home, we'd say, "hopefully by Christmas." The holidays were hard in the waiting time and just wanting the family to all be together for those holiday moments pulled at our hearts.   Finally, this year, 2015 was our first Christmas home with our new son!  And the reality of Christmas, couldn't have been farther from what I ever imagined of our first Christmas to be together.  It was Tarik's first Christmas home.  A time to celebrate and be joyful!  After all this time of waiting.  But it also turned into the first Christmas without my dad.  Not a 'first' I want to share. My dad is a heal...