Skip to main content

Week 17

Week 17

 "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts."  Colossians 1:27

If only that verse were as simple as it first reads.  Read it again and key in on the word "rule."  Really that verse is a continuing commitment that I turn over to the Lord and that is for Him to "rule" in my heart.  What else fights for the throne of my heart and wishes to "rule" it?  My plans, my way, my wishes, not to mention worries, anxiousness, and busyness.  These things I put aside and once again surrender to His ways and lay my worries at the feet of Jesus. HE knows all things, He is the giver of peace, He is in control.

Father God,
Rule in my heart and let your peace be ever present and strong in my heart and through my life.  One day has enough troubles of it's own, lest I worry about tomorrow's.  Lord, help me to surrender all to you and rest in the truths of your power over me.  Don't let my worries and busyness fight for the throne of my heart, but teach me to continually check my priorities and set you first in my life. 

Lord I trust you with the timing of bringing Tarik and Elsa to our family.  I trust you to be taking care of them wherever they are this day.  Place a special someone near them to protect them and prepare them for joining our family.  Thank you Lord for your compassion and love.  Amen.  
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane Tray Table Cover for Travel!

In my part of the world, the popular sport of choice for this season is sewing.  Sewing?  Yes, well, it's a winter sport for me with its challenges, obstacles, and skills to be improved upon!  Not to mention that it hasn't been above 10 degrees Fahrenheit for near a month and with wind chills at -25 to -40 tonight, one just has to stay inside in the comfy cozy walls of home! Out comes the sewing machine and projects left behind from seasons past.  This time, I decided to tackle a new project that will be put to good use in the future: an Airplane Tray Table Cover for future traveling!  Thinking of sunny Ethiopia just brightens the mood from the winter blues too! After searching the web, and viewing images of other "airplane tray table covers" (search it, you'll find them), I decided to create my own.  This is pic is of my first attempt.  Overall, it turned out fine and I am happy with the end result.  To give you an idea, this would slip over...

Miserly Moms Recipes

After posting some ideas about tips for the family budget, I had many positive responses and am encouraged that many of you will be putting forth an effort to set a food budget and stay within that budget.  Take a visit here to view the previous post. Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy is an excellent resource for money saving tips, menus, recipes, and family organization.  After looking it up on Amazon, apparently my copy is the "collectable" edition...oh geez, that makes me feel old.  There is a newer edition that Jonni has available in a Kindle version for $7.99 .  Note: Kindles weren't invented yet when I was starting out as a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom)  Ha.ha.laugh.   Here are some highlights from the book (the one made of paper) :   1. Don't Confuse Frugality with Depriving Yourself  2. Remove Little Wasters of Your Money 3. Don't Buy Everything at the Same Store 4. Make Your Own Whenever Possible 5. Eliminate Convenience Foods ...

The "firsts" that I don't want to share

The firsts that I don't want to share. When we started our adoption process nearly 3 years ago, Christmas was always a mile marker.  We began in December 2012 and Christmas was always the one event that we wished for Tarik to be home. "Maybe next Christmas" turned into "maybe next Christmas."  When asked when we thought that Tarik would be home, we'd say, "hopefully by Christmas." The holidays were hard in the waiting time and just wanting the family to all be together for those holiday moments pulled at our hearts.   Finally, this year, 2015 was our first Christmas home with our new son!  And the reality of Christmas, couldn't have been farther from what I ever imagined of our first Christmas to be together.  It was Tarik's first Christmas home.  A time to celebrate and be joyful!  After all this time of waiting.  But it also turned into the first Christmas without my dad.  Not a 'first' I want to share. My dad is a heal...