Skip to main content

A Little Glimpse To Carry On

Thank you so very much for your prayers for our family and for our little Tarik - our one year old who is soon to be an orphan no longer.  We love him from Ethiopia and back again!!

If you haven't visited our story/blog site before, please browse around so you can get to know us and the path that we are on, by God's calling to our family, to adopt.  It's a long story and there is more to it waiting to unfold!

Since December 2012 our family officially started the process to adopt internationally.  Through twists and turns, in July 2014 we were matched with a then 10 month old little boy who we named Tarik.  He is from Ethiopia and his name means, "I have a story to tell."

Every Friday our adoption agency graces us with a new photo and a health report of our little boy. Our family 'oohs and awhhhs' over his cuteness! We are grateful to the Lord for his strong health.

I just can't hide it anymore and I want to show you a sneak peek of this little fellow that you have been praying for!!  It's been a long journey for you too!

Thank you for praying during this critical time as our paperwork needs to come through to us in order for any other progress to be made in leading us closer to bringing Tarik to his forever family!! Our agency director is in Ethiopia having meetings with officials who have a heavy influence in our adoption story.  We are praying for papers to be signed and turned over to the U.S. this week!  There is POWER in PRAYER!

(We do have to 'hide' Tarik's handsome face to give some privacy - rules and regulations stuff.) 


Drum rollllll........


I know it!  Oh so sweet little ball of cuteness!  Yes, it's a boy with a warm pink sweater ;)!  Thankful for his caregivers who dress him each day.  Praying for him to soon be home!

Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."


Mark 11:24 "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."


Jeremiah 29:11-15 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile." 

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED PRAYERS!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane Tray Table Cover for Travel!

In my part of the world, the popular sport of choice for this season is sewing.  Sewing?  Yes, well, it's a winter sport for me with its challenges, obstacles, and skills to be improved upon!  Not to mention that it hasn't been above 10 degrees Fahrenheit for near a month and with wind chills at -25 to -40 tonight, one just has to stay inside in the comfy cozy walls of home! Out comes the sewing machine and projects left behind from seasons past.  This time, I decided to tackle a new project that will be put to good use in the future: an Airplane Tray Table Cover for future traveling!  Thinking of sunny Ethiopia just brightens the mood from the winter blues too! After searching the web, and viewing images of other "airplane tray table covers" (search it, you'll find them), I decided to create my own.  This is pic is of my first attempt.  Overall, it turned out fine and I am happy with the end result.  To give you an idea, this would slip over...

Miserly Moms Recipes

After posting some ideas about tips for the family budget, I had many positive responses and am encouraged that many of you will be putting forth an effort to set a food budget and stay within that budget.  Take a visit here to view the previous post. Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy is an excellent resource for money saving tips, menus, recipes, and family organization.  After looking it up on Amazon, apparently my copy is the "collectable" edition...oh geez, that makes me feel old.  There is a newer edition that Jonni has available in a Kindle version for $7.99 .  Note: Kindles weren't invented yet when I was starting out as a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom)  Ha.ha.laugh.   Here are some highlights from the book (the one made of paper) :   1. Don't Confuse Frugality with Depriving Yourself  2. Remove Little Wasters of Your Money 3. Don't Buy Everything at the Same Store 4. Make Your Own Whenever Possible 5. Eliminate Convenience Foods ...

The "firsts" that I don't want to share

The firsts that I don't want to share. When we started our adoption process nearly 3 years ago, Christmas was always a mile marker.  We began in December 2012 and Christmas was always the one event that we wished for Tarik to be home. "Maybe next Christmas" turned into "maybe next Christmas."  When asked when we thought that Tarik would be home, we'd say, "hopefully by Christmas." The holidays were hard in the waiting time and just wanting the family to all be together for those holiday moments pulled at our hearts.   Finally, this year, 2015 was our first Christmas home with our new son!  And the reality of Christmas, couldn't have been farther from what I ever imagined of our first Christmas to be together.  It was Tarik's first Christmas home.  A time to celebrate and be joyful!  After all this time of waiting.  But it also turned into the first Christmas without my dad.  Not a 'first' I want to share. My dad is a heal...