Skip to main content

Week 22

Week 22 Waiting for Adoption News

We started off our countdown 'til the referral (news of the kids) with a numbered chart and a pile of index cards of bible verses that one by one have been randomly selected to be our "verse of the week."  Random in our eyes, but it has been amazing the way the verses have fallen into place and followed the beats of our hearts in what we have been dealing with for that week.

Not at all saying that waiting isn't hard, but I can say that we have found a new kind of peace with this wait.  Well, the adults in the house have as our little 5 year old said tonight, "Why is this adoption so slow? I want it to be like 'snap' and the kids be here." Cutie.  And yes, week 22 must seem like forever to a 5 year old!

Yet once again, the Lord has shown us something new about Him through this adoption process.  He has revealed in us another weakness and opened our eyes to a better understanding of His ways. This time, the answer is simple to say but not so simple to soak in our minds, and that would be this: We wait upon the Lord and the Lord alone trusting in Him alone.

Last week's verse was Isaiah 40:31 " But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

And what truths that verse speaks- to "wait upon the Lord."

We aren't just waiting for papers or lawyers or mail or caseworkers or court orders, but if we look beyond these details, we are waiting for the Lord's ways and His timing.  If we truly trust in the Lord and reside our hope in His ultimate wisdom, then waiting can be a peaceful time not a time of anxiety and struggles.  Although we do and will continue to pray through each stage of the process we don't want to rest our hope in the hands of man and their doings.  We trust that God is at work and like the scripture says, "nothing is going to separate us" from God and His purposes for our lives. 

Habakkuk 2:3 says this: "There is still a vision for the appointed time; it testifies to the end; it does not deceive. If it delays, wait for it; for it is surely coming; it will not be late."

He is not late and 22 weeks is not too long. We'll wait because we want His ways to show through and glory to be given to Him in all He has done, is doing, and will do for our family. 

This past week this scripture fell out of an envelope that I had used back in June (5 months ago) to transport documents when we mailed off our final pile of papers for the adoption.  I had put this verse on a sticky note on the papers to pray over the future processing before mailing out the pile.  Now this verse was brought to my attention again reminding me that this wait time is a trust time for us to put our fears aside and trust in His ways. 

That verse is this and our verse for week 22: Hebrews 2:13 "And again, I will put my trust in Him. And again, behold, I and the children God has given me." 

So again, (and again if I need to), I will lay down my fears and impatience, my worries and my wanting to take control over this situation.  Again, I will turn to the Lord, turn to prayer, and turn to reading the scriptures for my comfort. Again, I will put my trust in Him and hold to the hope that He offers us.  Again this week I will think daily about the new children and pray to see their faces.  Again, I will pray for angels to protect them and for the Lord to be preparing their hearts to welcome the love of a new mom and dad, sisters and brothers.  Again I will write a weekly blog post saying that we are still waiting....Again and again, but "I will not grow weary" because again, I will "wait upon the Lord."

read more about waiting here. And thanks for waiting with us!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane Tray Table Cover for Travel!

In my part of the world, the popular sport of choice for this season is sewing.  Sewing?  Yes, well, it's a winter sport for me with its challenges, obstacles, and skills to be improved upon!  Not to mention that it hasn't been above 10 degrees Fahrenheit for near a month and with wind chills at -25 to -40 tonight, one just has to stay inside in the comfy cozy walls of home! Out comes the sewing machine and projects left behind from seasons past.  This time, I decided to tackle a new project that will be put to good use in the future: an Airplane Tray Table Cover for future traveling!  Thinking of sunny Ethiopia just brightens the mood from the winter blues too! After searching the web, and viewing images of other "airplane tray table covers" (search it, you'll find them), I decided to create my own.  This is pic is of my first attempt.  Overall, it turned out fine and I am happy with the end result.  To give you an idea, this would slip over the airplane tra

Details, Details, and What Can We Do?

It's a girl!  Thank you for the excitement and prayers of joy for us as we announced our next adoption! We have kept our finger on the pulse in the adoption world since bringing home our son, and all I can contribute finding out about this adoption is by the direction of God the Father.  He "places the lonely in families!" - Psalm 68:6  I know that everyone is anxious to know more details, trust me, I know it's part of the excitement to hear the scoop! What I can say is that she is 7 years old and very petite.  She has brown eyes, brown curly hair, and beautiful brown skin.  Her smile is contagious and her eyes show that she is spunky inside of that tiny frame.  She loves to laugh and eat pie! What I can't say is all of her story.  It's very complicated, emotionally complex, broken. And at her age of understanding all that is going on around her, well, it's her story and we want to respect that privacy for her.  While this is a time of joy and cele

Miserly Moms Recipes

After posting some ideas about tips for the family budget, I had many positive responses and am encouraged that many of you will be putting forth an effort to set a food budget and stay within that budget.  Take a visit here to view the previous post. Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy is an excellent resource for money saving tips, menus, recipes, and family organization.  After looking it up on Amazon, apparently my copy is the "collectable" edition...oh geez, that makes me feel old.  There is a newer edition that Jonni has available in a Kindle version for $7.99 .  Note: Kindles weren't invented yet when I was starting out as a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom)  Ha.ha.laugh.   Here are some highlights from the book (the one made of paper) :   1. Don't Confuse Frugality with Depriving Yourself  2. Remove Little Wasters of Your Money 3. Don't Buy Everything at the Same Store 4. Make Your Own Whenever Possible 5. Eliminate Convenience Foods 6. Cut Back on Meats