Skip to main content

God Button

I think most of us know the "Easy" button from Staples.  "That was easy" it says when you give it a tap. My  kids think that is the funniest thing and they love to test them all while we wait in line at Staples, just in case one might say something different!  Well, what if we had a "God button" ? You know, give all your cares to Him, just let Him carry our burdens that He so willingly would take from us.

In my weird kinda deep thinking mind that sporadically finds it's way out in my fried brain, I thought about that easy button.  It was actually while standing in line in Staples with 4 kids picking up the over-sized lolly pops and asking me to read the flavors while listening to the all the easy buttons that they just tested.  And a not-so-kid-friendly old guy glaring at my crew (and probably thinking "must be home-schooled" and "that lady is crazy") just to find out that the person in front of me has an item without a tag....I peacefully went to the zone.  I zoned about my easy button.  What if I had an easy button?  Wouldn't that be nice to have a button by your side that you could simply tap and it would take care of all your difficult tasks! Or give you patience in those stressful situations? 

Then I thought, "oh, I do actually have something better than an easy button!  It would be a God button."  Yep, God is right there beside me, with me, waiting for me to just hit that button and pass my burdens and cares over to Him.  He'll take care of things in ways that I could never imagine.  He take that difficult task for me and even do a way better job than if I held onto it and claimed it as my own!  He will strengthen me and equip me for the impossible task.

Psalm 55:22 "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never permit the righteous to be moved." 

Psalm 68:19 "What a glorious Lord! He who daily bears our burdens also gives us our salvation." 

When next sitting down in the evening at my work area I saw that one of the kids had left the bottom half of their plastic Easter egg on my desk.  It looked like a God button to me!  So I piddled and procrastinated my work for a moment to grab a sharpie and write "Give it to God!"  I seriously hit it.  And it felt good.  The to-do list gets long, the e-mails gets frustrating, I get tied up, tensed up, and exhausted from my efforts and there sits my God button.  A simple visual reminder to just let it go and let God.  


Philippians 4:6-7 "Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank him for his answers.  If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.  His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus." 


 I should market this thing!  When you tap it the steady, calm voice would say, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" then Philippians 4:6-7 at the next tap.
Well, I don't have the time or the money for a patent, so if you make a million bucks off my idea could you remember the little blog you read once that sparked your idea and mail me a check??  

Maybe it already exists.  I did find this logo spin off on-line so someone was at least having a crazy brain moment like me and I'm not alone in my thinking! 

More scripture about letting go and letting God: 2 Cor. 4:8-9, Ps. 4:8, Ps. 31:24, Ps. 121:1-2, Ps. 138:7, Ps. 55:22 

Hit the button!  Just let it go and let God do His thing!  He's got this!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane Tray Table Cover for Travel!

In my part of the world, the popular sport of choice for this season is sewing.  Sewing?  Yes, well, it's a winter sport for me with its challenges, obstacles, and skills to be improved upon!  Not to mention that it hasn't been above 10 degrees Fahrenheit for near a month and with wind chills at -25 to -40 tonight, one just has to stay inside in the comfy cozy walls of home! Out comes the sewing machine and projects left behind from seasons past.  This time, I decided to tackle a new project that will be put to good use in the future: an Airplane Tray Table Cover for future traveling!  Thinking of sunny Ethiopia just brightens the mood from the winter blues too! After searching the web, and viewing images of other "airplane tray table covers" (search it, you'll find them), I decided to create my own.  This is pic is of my first attempt.  Overall, it turned out fine and I am happy with the end result.  To give you an idea, this would slip over the airplane tra

Details, Details, and What Can We Do?

It's a girl!  Thank you for the excitement and prayers of joy for us as we announced our next adoption! We have kept our finger on the pulse in the adoption world since bringing home our son, and all I can contribute finding out about this adoption is by the direction of God the Father.  He "places the lonely in families!" - Psalm 68:6  I know that everyone is anxious to know more details, trust me, I know it's part of the excitement to hear the scoop! What I can say is that she is 7 years old and very petite.  She has brown eyes, brown curly hair, and beautiful brown skin.  Her smile is contagious and her eyes show that she is spunky inside of that tiny frame.  She loves to laugh and eat pie! What I can't say is all of her story.  It's very complicated, emotionally complex, broken. And at her age of understanding all that is going on around her, well, it's her story and we want to respect that privacy for her.  While this is a time of joy and cele

Miserly Moms Recipes

After posting some ideas about tips for the family budget, I had many positive responses and am encouraged that many of you will be putting forth an effort to set a food budget and stay within that budget.  Take a visit here to view the previous post. Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy is an excellent resource for money saving tips, menus, recipes, and family organization.  After looking it up on Amazon, apparently my copy is the "collectable" edition...oh geez, that makes me feel old.  There is a newer edition that Jonni has available in a Kindle version for $7.99 .  Note: Kindles weren't invented yet when I was starting out as a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom)  Ha.ha.laugh.   Here are some highlights from the book (the one made of paper) :   1. Don't Confuse Frugality with Depriving Yourself  2. Remove Little Wasters of Your Money 3. Don't Buy Everything at the Same Store 4. Make Your Own Whenever Possible 5. Eliminate Convenience Foods 6. Cut Back on Meats