Skip to main content

Lovin' the Mailbox!

I always liked getting mail as a kid, but who knew getting mail would be so fun now? Today we got our USCIS Homeland Security approval!! This is our "golden ticket" for the paper work trail to adopt! The last, last, last, last....bit o' paper work! Yipee! So excited that we are this major paper step closer to meeting our kiddos!

Now what?  Next we take the full collection of paperwork (the dossier) to be certified by the county court, which is a hop, skip, and jump down the road.  All the notaries signatures will be verified by the court.  No biggie, just a walk in appointment and it will be done.  Then, there is another road trip to the Secretary of State for the dossier to be certified by the state level.  Now this location isn't a hop, skip, and a jump away for us.  It's more like a 3 hour drive with kids watching videos, tossing snacks in the back of the car, and frequent potty breaks along the way from our country location to the big city.  It happens to be that Todd isn't available with his work to take this trip for another 2 weeks! I don't know that I can wait!

I'm thinking of road tripping solo! Just me, my google map directions, the big mega-important dossier that I want to put in a safe box just to protect it while I'm behind the wheel! Oh and, yeah, the four kids too :) Stacks of videos, snack baggies, and the ever favorite portable training potty seat!  Pray for me! Ok, truth: trying to recruit my dad to come along- right dad?

THEN what? Then the dossier all certified with it's bells and whistles, gets sent to our agency who sends it to the feds to be reviewed who sends it to the agency in Ethiopia! Pray for all this mailing and reviewing to go quickly (supposed to be near 3-5 weeks), but more importantly not to get lost or some other strange thing to happen before it lands in the proper hands.

THEN...we are on the waiting list!! yeah, kinda ironic isn't it? All this process, hurry up and rush, just to be on the 'waiting' list.  lol.  Well, all in His timing.  It is in His hands and God has been with us through it all thus far and He isn't going anywhere nor running out of time!

I Thess. 5:24 God will make this happen, for He who calls you is faithful.(NLT)

I Thes. 5:24 The one who calls you is faithful, and He will do it.(NIV) 


Thank you for your prayers!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane Tray Table Cover for Travel!

In my part of the world, the popular sport of choice for this season is sewing.  Sewing?  Yes, well, it's a winter sport for me with its challenges, obstacles, and skills to be improved upon!  Not to mention that it hasn't been above 10 degrees Fahrenheit for near a month and with wind chills at -25 to -40 tonight, one just has to stay inside in the comfy cozy walls of home! Out comes the sewing machine and projects left behind from seasons past.  This time, I decided to tackle a new project that will be put to good use in the future: an Airplane Tray Table Cover for future traveling!  Thinking of sunny Ethiopia just brightens the mood from the winter blues too! After searching the web, and viewing images of other "airplane tray table covers" (search it, you'll find them), I decided to create my own.  This is pic is of my first attempt.  Overall, it turned out fine and I am happy with the end result.  To give you an idea, this would slip over the airplane tra

Details, Details, and What Can We Do?

It's a girl!  Thank you for the excitement and prayers of joy for us as we announced our next adoption! We have kept our finger on the pulse in the adoption world since bringing home our son, and all I can contribute finding out about this adoption is by the direction of God the Father.  He "places the lonely in families!" - Psalm 68:6  I know that everyone is anxious to know more details, trust me, I know it's part of the excitement to hear the scoop! What I can say is that she is 7 years old and very petite.  She has brown eyes, brown curly hair, and beautiful brown skin.  Her smile is contagious and her eyes show that she is spunky inside of that tiny frame.  She loves to laugh and eat pie! What I can't say is all of her story.  It's very complicated, emotionally complex, broken. And at her age of understanding all that is going on around her, well, it's her story and we want to respect that privacy for her.  While this is a time of joy and cele

Miserly Moms Recipes

After posting some ideas about tips for the family budget, I had many positive responses and am encouraged that many of you will be putting forth an effort to set a food budget and stay within that budget.  Take a visit here to view the previous post. Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy is an excellent resource for money saving tips, menus, recipes, and family organization.  After looking it up on Amazon, apparently my copy is the "collectable" edition...oh geez, that makes me feel old.  There is a newer edition that Jonni has available in a Kindle version for $7.99 .  Note: Kindles weren't invented yet when I was starting out as a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom)  Ha.ha.laugh.   Here are some highlights from the book (the one made of paper) :   1. Don't Confuse Frugality with Depriving Yourself  2. Remove Little Wasters of Your Money 3. Don't Buy Everything at the Same Store 4. Make Your Own Whenever Possible 5. Eliminate Convenience Foods 6. Cut Back on Meats