Skip to main content

165 Hours of Prayer Day 5


165 Hours of Prayer for the 165 Million Orphans World Wide: 

New to the 165 Hour Prayer?  Start here, then come right back!

Welcome to Day 5 of dedicated prayer for the orphans around the world and for the families that love them and are waiting to welcome their little ones home (or are already home!)

Today's post is written by a sweet friend of mine that God truly brought to me.  Our families as well as many others, are walking through this process together, encouraging one another, crying out to one another in pain and in need of help, and praying for each other through the communication tool of the internet.  We are all very grateful for friends and families across the globe who are walking this road of adoption with us.

Thanks Jamie for sharing your heart for the orphans with us through this 165 hours of prayer post!

Day 5: How will we get through these tough times?
This is the question we ask ourselves as we face challenges in our lives.

My dear friend Erin, asked me to write the post for Day 5 of our fast and prayer week for the orphans. I am not a writer and definitely not near as great as Erin, but I thought I would give it a go. As I sit here typing, my belly is growling from hunger. I am reminded of the millions of children that won’t get to eat today and their parents that give up what little they have to feed their children. I pray for their peace. Peace that God, and only God can provide.

Through my journey of adoption there have been many highs and lows, good and bad moments, happy and disappointing times. It took this week of prayer for me to have trust and realize I’m not in control. Jesus is. I’ve learned from a close friend to let go of my own will and to trust Him. “God’s got this.” His will has become my new peace. God already has the perfect son picked out for my family. I now have faith in His timing of our adoption journey.

The Prophet Isaiah, was a man who lived during horrible times. He also knew that there would be plenty more to come. 'Godly people would suffer along with everybody else,' Isaiah said. God’s people asked; How will we get through these tough times? Isaiah replied, 'Focus on a reality greater than your troubles: to keep their minds steady on God, who never loses control over events.'

That is what this fast and prayer is all about… focusing our minds on something greater, a bigger need. 165 million orphan children who are lost and hopeless and longing for families, that’s a reality truly worthy of our focus. That said, I’m finding evermore each day God’s peace by trusting him to meet their needs. 
Matthew 11:28-30 - "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My load is light." 

Whatever we bear, His care is certain, His love is unfailing, and His promises are forever secure.

Scripture: 
Isaiah 26:3 – “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.”

Psalm 34:15 – “The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry.”

Psalm 34:18-19 – “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.”

Matthew 25:40 – “The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brother of mine, you did for me.”
 
Prayer:

 Pray for “peace” for our many orphaned children. Pray that they will know they always have a heavenly Father to turn too.
Pray “peace” for adoptive mothers and fathers who are waiting to find out who their children will be.

Pray “peace” for adoptive families who are still not united with their children and may have a long long wait.

Pray for “peace” in this world. Today, Pope Francis is asking all families to pray for Syria and it’s people. I ask you to do the same. 

 Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.”


 “Oh You Bring” by Hillsong United by clicking here.



Read more about Jamie's family adoption story by visiting her blog:
http://www.ayersfamilyjourneytoyou.blogspot.com/




 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane Tray Table Cover for Travel!

In my part of the world, the popular sport of choice for this season is sewing.  Sewing?  Yes, well, it's a winter sport for me with its challenges, obstacles, and skills to be improved upon!  Not to mention that it hasn't been above 10 degrees Fahrenheit for near a month and with wind chills at -25 to -40 tonight, one just has to stay inside in the comfy cozy walls of home! Out comes the sewing machine and projects left behind from seasons past.  This time, I decided to tackle a new project that will be put to good use in the future: an Airplane Tray Table Cover for future traveling!  Thinking of sunny Ethiopia just brightens the mood from the winter blues too! After searching the web, and viewing images of other "airplane tray table covers" (search it, you'll find them), I decided to create my own.  This is pic is of my first attempt.  Overall, it turned out fine and I am happy with the end result.  To give you an idea, this would slip over the airplane tra

Details, Details, and What Can We Do?

It's a girl!  Thank you for the excitement and prayers of joy for us as we announced our next adoption! We have kept our finger on the pulse in the adoption world since bringing home our son, and all I can contribute finding out about this adoption is by the direction of God the Father.  He "places the lonely in families!" - Psalm 68:6  I know that everyone is anxious to know more details, trust me, I know it's part of the excitement to hear the scoop! What I can say is that she is 7 years old and very petite.  She has brown eyes, brown curly hair, and beautiful brown skin.  Her smile is contagious and her eyes show that she is spunky inside of that tiny frame.  She loves to laugh and eat pie! What I can't say is all of her story.  It's very complicated, emotionally complex, broken. And at her age of understanding all that is going on around her, well, it's her story and we want to respect that privacy for her.  While this is a time of joy and cele

Miserly Moms Recipes

After posting some ideas about tips for the family budget, I had many positive responses and am encouraged that many of you will be putting forth an effort to set a food budget and stay within that budget.  Take a visit here to view the previous post. Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy is an excellent resource for money saving tips, menus, recipes, and family organization.  After looking it up on Amazon, apparently my copy is the "collectable" edition...oh geez, that makes me feel old.  There is a newer edition that Jonni has available in a Kindle version for $7.99 .  Note: Kindles weren't invented yet when I was starting out as a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom)  Ha.ha.laugh.   Here are some highlights from the book (the one made of paper) :   1. Don't Confuse Frugality with Depriving Yourself  2. Remove Little Wasters of Your Money 3. Don't Buy Everything at the Same Store 4. Make Your Own Whenever Possible 5. Eliminate Convenience Foods 6. Cut Back on Meats