Skip to main content

Bells of Heaven Birds of the Air



This morning was unusually mild in temperature for this time of year.  Fall is in full swing and in our mountains we don't get to enjoy that season long before winter weather comes about. 
The children we outside feeding their pets when they called me away from the breakfast dishes to come outside.  Much to my surprise the air was filled with a beautiful chorus of birds.  We decided to sit and enjoy God's gift as we read our daily devotional book together, Jesus Calling for Kids by Sarah Young.  This devotional is written as if God was speaking to directly to you. This was today's reading:

"Bells of Heaven 

"I am the good shepherd...My sheep know my voice, and I know them."  John 10:14, 27

I am with you.  I am with you.  I am with you. 

The bells of Heaven continually ring out this promise.  Some people never hear it, because they are so busy listening to the noise of this world.  Others hear it only once or twice in their whole lives-in rare moments when they seek Me first.  But I want My sheep- My children- to hear My promise all the time, because I am their ever-present Shepherd. 

To hear Me, you must be still and quiet.  Go to your room, outside to a favorite swing, or anywhere you can be quiet and still.  And then listen as I speak to your heart.  

The more you practice stillness, the easier it becomes.  Little by little, you'll learn to carry that stillness with you everywhere.  When you go out into the noisy world, listen carefully so you can hear those glorious bells: I am with you.  I am with you.  I am with you.  I am with you."
 

 While reading this and listening to the voices of the birds transform from the beautiful sound of bells to an even more amazing sound of  "I am with you. I am with you.," the kids were smiling and laughing with joy as they felt the Lord speaking to us, that very moment, this very morning through our devotional time.  It was beautiful and quite a reminder of God's love for us, and Him reaching out to us- if only we take the time to listen!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane Tray Table Cover for Travel!

In my part of the world, the popular sport of choice for this season is sewing.  Sewing?  Yes, well, it's a winter sport for me with its challenges, obstacles, and skills to be improved upon!  Not to mention that it hasn't been above 10 degrees Fahrenheit for near a month and with wind chills at -25 to -40 tonight, one just has to stay inside in the comfy cozy walls of home! Out comes the sewing machine and projects left behind from seasons past.  This time, I decided to tackle a new project that will be put to good use in the future: an Airplane Tray Table Cover for future traveling!  Thinking of sunny Ethiopia just brightens the mood from the winter blues too! After searching the web, and viewing images of other "airplane tray table covers" (search it, you'll find them), I decided to create my own.  This is pic is of my first attempt.  Overall, it turned out fine and I am happy with the end result.  To give you an idea, this would slip over the airplane tra

Details, Details, and What Can We Do?

It's a girl!  Thank you for the excitement and prayers of joy for us as we announced our next adoption! We have kept our finger on the pulse in the adoption world since bringing home our son, and all I can contribute finding out about this adoption is by the direction of God the Father.  He "places the lonely in families!" - Psalm 68:6  I know that everyone is anxious to know more details, trust me, I know it's part of the excitement to hear the scoop! What I can say is that she is 7 years old and very petite.  She has brown eyes, brown curly hair, and beautiful brown skin.  Her smile is contagious and her eyes show that she is spunky inside of that tiny frame.  She loves to laugh and eat pie! What I can't say is all of her story.  It's very complicated, emotionally complex, broken. And at her age of understanding all that is going on around her, well, it's her story and we want to respect that privacy for her.  While this is a time of joy and cele

Miserly Moms Recipes

After posting some ideas about tips for the family budget, I had many positive responses and am encouraged that many of you will be putting forth an effort to set a food budget and stay within that budget.  Take a visit here to view the previous post. Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy is an excellent resource for money saving tips, menus, recipes, and family organization.  After looking it up on Amazon, apparently my copy is the "collectable" edition...oh geez, that makes me feel old.  There is a newer edition that Jonni has available in a Kindle version for $7.99 .  Note: Kindles weren't invented yet when I was starting out as a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom)  Ha.ha.laugh.   Here are some highlights from the book (the one made of paper) :   1. Don't Confuse Frugality with Depriving Yourself  2. Remove Little Wasters of Your Money 3. Don't Buy Everything at the Same Store 4. Make Your Own Whenever Possible 5. Eliminate Convenience Foods 6. Cut Back on Meats