Skip to main content

Pick a Day!

Let me just start out by saying that I don't believe in chance, coincidence, or random happenings.  I do believe that all things happen for a purpose and a reason under the sight of the Lord.  When we seek His will and His ways, He will guide us through thick and thin.

Romans 8:28 "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."

With that being said, I want to tell you something.  Months and months ago, (like talking January 2013 here), I flipped through my desk calendar and felt like picking out a date.  Not quiet sure of a date for what, but a date that would be significant in our adoption process.  I prayed that the Lord would direct this "cast of lots"* so to speak, and marked the entire square of the calendar date block full with a big ol' heart.  I have been seeing that date come closer and closer as these months have past during our adoption process and well, you know what?  That date is today, October 17th 2013!!

Prov 16:33 "The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD." 

I'm not sure what will happen today, but I know, believe, and trust that it is special and significant in the process of bringing the kids closer to us.  Someday I hope to know how this date was special.  Maybe a paper will get signed today.  Maybe a meeting.  Maybe a nanny, caregiver, doctor, or a total stranger will go out of their way to help our little ones this day.  I don't know.  But I do know that this day and every day the Lord is watching over the children and preparing their way home! Thank you Father God! 

Zephaniah 3:17 "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

I pray this verse over the children many days, but this day it will be especially on my mind.  I imagine angels stroking the little foreheads of the children and singing this in a whisper into their small ears.  It would comfort them in this time of fear and questioning, and I pray it will bring them hope from a warmth deep in their little hearts.  

Pray with us as God is at work today and everyday! Thank you!! 

 

*Note: "Casting lots" is found in the Bible over 70 times!

The sailors on Jonah's boat determined who was responsible for the terrible storm by casting lots (notice that the guilty party was discovered that way!): Jonah 1:7 "Then the sailors said to each other, "Come, let us cast lots to find out who is responsible for this calamity." They cast lots and the lot fell on Jonah." NIV

When the apostles met after Jesus ascended to heaven they determined who would replace Judas by casting lots: Acts 1:26 "Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles." NIV

None of the Biblical illustrations of casting lots had to do with games of chance. Every time it was used, the Israelites depended on the Lord 100% to reveal to them His will. It was an impartial way to find God's will when choices had to occur. This concept is still applicable today. 


In all our decisions we should impartially depend on God and search for His will in our decisions.
   
Source: http://www.answers2prayer.org/bible_questions/Answers/decision/lots.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane Tray Table Cover for Travel!

In my part of the world, the popular sport of choice for this season is sewing.  Sewing?  Yes, well, it's a winter sport for me with its challenges, obstacles, and skills to be improved upon!  Not to mention that it hasn't been above 10 degrees Fahrenheit for near a month and with wind chills at -25 to -40 tonight, one just has to stay inside in the comfy cozy walls of home! Out comes the sewing machine and projects left behind from seasons past.  This time, I decided to tackle a new project that will be put to good use in the future: an Airplane Tray Table Cover for future traveling!  Thinking of sunny Ethiopia just brightens the mood from the winter blues too! After searching the web, and viewing images of other "airplane tray table covers" (search it, you'll find them), I decided to create my own.  This is pic is of my first attempt.  Overall, it turned out fine and I am happy with the end result.  To give you an idea, this would slip over...

Miserly Moms Recipes

After posting some ideas about tips for the family budget, I had many positive responses and am encouraged that many of you will be putting forth an effort to set a food budget and stay within that budget.  Take a visit here to view the previous post. Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy is an excellent resource for money saving tips, menus, recipes, and family organization.  After looking it up on Amazon, apparently my copy is the "collectable" edition...oh geez, that makes me feel old.  There is a newer edition that Jonni has available in a Kindle version for $7.99 .  Note: Kindles weren't invented yet when I was starting out as a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom)  Ha.ha.laugh.   Here are some highlights from the book (the one made of paper) :   1. Don't Confuse Frugality with Depriving Yourself  2. Remove Little Wasters of Your Money 3. Don't Buy Everything at the Same Store 4. Make Your Own Whenever Possible 5. Eliminate Convenience Foods ...

The "firsts" that I don't want to share

The firsts that I don't want to share. When we started our adoption process nearly 3 years ago, Christmas was always a mile marker.  We began in December 2012 and Christmas was always the one event that we wished for Tarik to be home. "Maybe next Christmas" turned into "maybe next Christmas."  When asked when we thought that Tarik would be home, we'd say, "hopefully by Christmas." The holidays were hard in the waiting time and just wanting the family to all be together for those holiday moments pulled at our hearts.   Finally, this year, 2015 was our first Christmas home with our new son!  And the reality of Christmas, couldn't have been farther from what I ever imagined of our first Christmas to be together.  It was Tarik's first Christmas home.  A time to celebrate and be joyful!  After all this time of waiting.  But it also turned into the first Christmas without my dad.  Not a 'first' I want to share. My dad is a heal...