Skip to main content

Week 26 He is My Rock

Talk about the roller coaster emotions of adoptions!  This week has been filled with lows then highs then ending off in lows again.  Thanking God that He is stable, faithful, the rock, and a strong tower!

Psalm 62:6  "He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken."


This week started out with the news of Ethiopia slowing down their referrals of abandoned children with adoptive families.  You can read more here from week 25's post, Child in A Paper Pile.
And as you can assume from the title, it is children that ultimately suffer while they are stuck in orphanages with their hope of joining a family on hold while the government pushes papers. Orphanages and adoption agencies are suffering with funds depleting since there are little to no adoptive families making the next payment due when they are matched with children.  The next payment in the adoption process goes to the agency which covers the children's care that is in the hands of the orphanage and foster homes.  Adoptive parents fees cover orphanage expenses, food for the children, medical care for the children, and pays the staff that keeps it running.
As this domino effect continues, (Lord please not for long), the orphanages and foster homes are full leaving no room for more children to receive care and safe provisions.  These children either will be crowded in the orphanages or left to the care of the streets. 

Hmph (sigh) not good news.

Then, the amazing part of this week....

Through this adoption process I have met many wonderful people.  One of them being my dear friend, Jamie. God truly arranged this friendship for the way we met and came together through both our families adopting from Ethiopia and being in the exact same stages of the process together.  She has been an encourager to me, an ear to listen, and a transparent heart in sharing our real moments of ups and downs. Well, months ago we arrangements to have our families meet for the first time and that time would be near Christmas!  Hoping and wishing that we would have precious little faces from our referrals to share, we also knew that if there was no news we'd need a great time together to help get us through the wait!

The kids had a blast playing together without one squabble amongst them.  Our husbands enjoyed talking together right from the start, and of course Jamie and I were able to gab, laugh, and share all that God has placed on our hearts and is bringing us through during our journeys.  We were able to have lunch with Allie, my friend from Ethiopia, and learn more and more about the country and culture from her too.  All around it was just a splendid visit and so encouraging to share our hearts.  It left us excited about meeting our children, excited for traveling to Ethiopia, and hopeful that the next time we meet it would be with our crew plus three more!  Please keep them in your prayers as they wait too for a little boy.  You can read more about the Ayers family adoption here at their blog site: www.ayersfamilyjourneytoyou.blogspot.com


The week ends with coming down off the high of the roller coaster emotions ride we call 'the adoption wait' with more news from our agency that the Ethiopian government is making changes in forms and processes with their adoption cases but not clearing children for adoptions.  With no end in sight of when they will move forward with approving children to be matched with families, many waiting families hearts are heavy and left wondering.  More important, thousands of children are left waiting too.  Our countdown chart has ran off the edge and now we are adding paper rings to what will be a growing paper chain of weeks of praying and waiting for two precious orphans to come home. 

Thank you for your prayers! And please continue to diligently make requests unto the Lord for His little children to be safe, comforted, and ultimately loved in a family.  Pray for the government and parties that have the control to grant these children the gift of a promising future and a family, that they would act quickly.  Pray for a miracle that these mountains would be moved and children would be matched with families and that the families can bring them home!

Of all the things I've learned along the way of this adoption, that God is the only one that I rely on, has been a repeated truth. All other joys and sadness are just temporary ups and downs, but His joy remains steadfast and unchanging! He keeps me level and gives me hope for each day.

So while no, I don't count on the agencies, the governments, the paper-piles and special signatures to get us to our children- I  do count on the works of the Lord.  And HE is what it takes to move these mountains in front of us and the hundreds of families who are waiting too! Nothing is impossible with God! Nothing is too difficult for the Lord! And that is good news to hold on to!

Psalm 18:2 "The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety."

To read more about orphaned children all over the world being "Stuck" in the paper processes of adoptions, visit here: https://bothendsburning.org/ and consider watching the documentary "Stuck." 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane Tray Table Cover for Travel!

In my part of the world, the popular sport of choice for this season is sewing.  Sewing?  Yes, well, it's a winter sport for me with its challenges, obstacles, and skills to be improved upon!  Not to mention that it hasn't been above 10 degrees Fahrenheit for near a month and with wind chills at -25 to -40 tonight, one just has to stay inside in the comfy cozy walls of home! Out comes the sewing machine and projects left behind from seasons past.  This time, I decided to tackle a new project that will be put to good use in the future: an Airplane Tray Table Cover for future traveling!  Thinking of sunny Ethiopia just brightens the mood from the winter blues too! After searching the web, and viewing images of other "airplane tray table covers" (search it, you'll find them), I decided to create my own.  This is pic is of my first attempt.  Overall, it turned out fine and I am happy with the end result.  To give you an idea, this would slip over the airplane tra

Details, Details, and What Can We Do?

It's a girl!  Thank you for the excitement and prayers of joy for us as we announced our next adoption! We have kept our finger on the pulse in the adoption world since bringing home our son, and all I can contribute finding out about this adoption is by the direction of God the Father.  He "places the lonely in families!" - Psalm 68:6  I know that everyone is anxious to know more details, trust me, I know it's part of the excitement to hear the scoop! What I can say is that she is 7 years old and very petite.  She has brown eyes, brown curly hair, and beautiful brown skin.  Her smile is contagious and her eyes show that she is spunky inside of that tiny frame.  She loves to laugh and eat pie! What I can't say is all of her story.  It's very complicated, emotionally complex, broken. And at her age of understanding all that is going on around her, well, it's her story and we want to respect that privacy for her.  While this is a time of joy and cele

Miserly Moms Recipes

After posting some ideas about tips for the family budget, I had many positive responses and am encouraged that many of you will be putting forth an effort to set a food budget and stay within that budget.  Take a visit here to view the previous post. Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy is an excellent resource for money saving tips, menus, recipes, and family organization.  After looking it up on Amazon, apparently my copy is the "collectable" edition...oh geez, that makes me feel old.  There is a newer edition that Jonni has available in a Kindle version for $7.99 .  Note: Kindles weren't invented yet when I was starting out as a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom)  Ha.ha.laugh.   Here are some highlights from the book (the one made of paper) :   1. Don't Confuse Frugality with Depriving Yourself  2. Remove Little Wasters of Your Money 3. Don't Buy Everything at the Same Store 4. Make Your Own Whenever Possible 5. Eliminate Convenience Foods 6. Cut Back on Meats