Skip to main content

Before You Were Born


Post from Todd:

It's been an interesting wait- the near 50 or so weeks of waiting to hear about our child ready to adopt in Ethiopia. The two years of preparing and planning- and in this time God has taught me plenty.  Now that we have our referral of a 10 month old little boy, I have learned that when I first began praying for Tarik he wasn't even born yet.  I was already loving that little guy before he was formed in his mother's womb.  I was imaging what he'd look like, and how he would fit into our family.  Many thoughts flooded my mind as I pictured what Tarik would look like and how his personality would unfold.   

Then as the idea stewed in my heart that Tarik was not even born yet when I first started praying for him, it made me have a deeper appreciation for my own Creator.  It made me concentrate on how God loved me before I was born.  In fact, God loved us all before we were born.  He is the omniscient/all knowing God. 

Scripture tells us in Psalm 139:13-16

13  "For You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.   
14  "I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, your works are wonderful, I know that full and well. 
15  "My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.  When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,  (a metaphor for the womb, depths used here is the Hebrew word tachtiy making reference to the womb of a mother.)
16  "Your eyes saw my unformed body." 

It was enlightening to know that I was loving a little boy before he was born, before he was formed, and my God loves me that much more before I was formed, before I was even born. 


Friend, God knows you!  He loves you and has loved you before you can put a start to your time on this earth. The Question is...Do you know Him?  Talk to Him today and thank Him for the life that He has given to you!  Thank Him for such a deep and everlasting love! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane Tray Table Cover for Travel!

In my part of the world, the popular sport of choice for this season is sewing.  Sewing?  Yes, well, it's a winter sport for me with its challenges, obstacles, and skills to be improved upon!  Not to mention that it hasn't been above 10 degrees Fahrenheit for near a month and with wind chills at -25 to -40 tonight, one just has to stay inside in the comfy cozy walls of home! Out comes the sewing machine and projects left behind from seasons past.  This time, I decided to tackle a new project that will be put to good use in the future: an Airplane Tray Table Cover for future traveling!  Thinking of sunny Ethiopia just brightens the mood from the winter blues too! After searching the web, and viewing images of other "airplane tray table covers" (search it, you'll find them), I decided to create my own.  This is pic is of my first attempt.  Overall, it turned out fine and I am happy with the end result.  To give you an idea, this would slip over...

Miserly Moms Recipes

After posting some ideas about tips for the family budget, I had many positive responses and am encouraged that many of you will be putting forth an effort to set a food budget and stay within that budget.  Take a visit here to view the previous post. Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy is an excellent resource for money saving tips, menus, recipes, and family organization.  After looking it up on Amazon, apparently my copy is the "collectable" edition...oh geez, that makes me feel old.  There is a newer edition that Jonni has available in a Kindle version for $7.99 .  Note: Kindles weren't invented yet when I was starting out as a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom)  Ha.ha.laugh.   Here are some highlights from the book (the one made of paper) :   1. Don't Confuse Frugality with Depriving Yourself  2. Remove Little Wasters of Your Money 3. Don't Buy Everything at the Same Store 4. Make Your Own Whenever Possible 5. Eliminate Convenience Foods ...

The "firsts" that I don't want to share

The firsts that I don't want to share. When we started our adoption process nearly 3 years ago, Christmas was always a mile marker.  We began in December 2012 and Christmas was always the one event that we wished for Tarik to be home. "Maybe next Christmas" turned into "maybe next Christmas."  When asked when we thought that Tarik would be home, we'd say, "hopefully by Christmas." The holidays were hard in the waiting time and just wanting the family to all be together for those holiday moments pulled at our hearts.   Finally, this year, 2015 was our first Christmas home with our new son!  And the reality of Christmas, couldn't have been farther from what I ever imagined of our first Christmas to be together.  It was Tarik's first Christmas home.  A time to celebrate and be joyful!  After all this time of waiting.  But it also turned into the first Christmas without my dad.  Not a 'first' I want to share. My dad is a heal...