Skip to main content

Psalm 139:10

Thank you for your prayers for our adoption journey.  Early on in our adoption process, I was told that this was going to be long journey and a rough road.  I didn't want to listen to that, but knew that as with any adventure in life, 'those' types of roads are quite possibly the ones we will end up traveling. Not us though, right?  Ours will be easy and smooth sailing - nope.

Turns out, this fellow was right and we are smack in the middle of a pit in the road.  We do thank you for your prayers for our little boy and we are grateful that his health continues to be strong!  We do thank you for your prayers for us, as it is an emotional roller coaster.  There are days we feel confident, days we question, days we are hopeful, and days when are hearts sink.

Lately, it's been hard as we reach the 2 year mark in this process and yet another Christmas is going to pass by without our new family member home with us to celebrate. It's been hard as we compare (and I know, we shouldn't do that!) but as other families are passing us by and bringing their adoptive children home already.  Sigh.

We've been calling out to all our friends, family, blog readers, and everyone to help us in prayer as we believe in the POWER of prayer and POWER in coming to Father with our requests, in the name of Jesus.  Read about this week of prayer here.

This morning in our family devotions time, we read the following excerpt from Sarah Young's Jesus Calling. It really spoke to my heart during this time for us and I wanted to share how the Lord reaches out to comfort us and reassure us all in our tough times.  I was reminded of HIS comfort and steadfastness as He is holding our hand, never turning away, but walking through this journey with us all the way!

Safe and Secure

Psalm 139:10 "Even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."

You want to feel safe and secure.  You say you trust Me, but in your private thoughts, you are still trying to fix your world so that it is safe and predictable.  Not only is this an impossible goal, but it actually makes you less safe and secure.

True safety and security are found only in Me - in depending on My Presence .  When your world seems unsteady and scary, grab my hand. I will hold tightly to you and keep you safe.

Instead of searching for a problem-free life, be glad that you have troubles.  In the darkness of your trouble, you can see the brightness of My Face more clearly.  This helps you feel closer to me.

So hold tightly to My hand, confident that today's problems have a purpose.  And remember - you have an eternity of trouble-free living just waiting for you in Heaven.


James 1:2-4 "Is your life full of difficulties and temptations? Then be happy, for when the way is rough, your patience has a chance to grow.  So let it grow, and don't try to squirm out of your problems.  For when your patience is finally in full bloom, then you will be ready for anything, strong in character, full and complete." 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane Tray Table Cover for Travel!

In my part of the world, the popular sport of choice for this season is sewing.  Sewing?  Yes, well, it's a winter sport for me with its challenges, obstacles, and skills to be improved upon!  Not to mention that it hasn't been above 10 degrees Fahrenheit for near a month and with wind chills at -25 to -40 tonight, one just has to stay inside in the comfy cozy walls of home! Out comes the sewing machine and projects left behind from seasons past.  This time, I decided to tackle a new project that will be put to good use in the future: an Airplane Tray Table Cover for future traveling!  Thinking of sunny Ethiopia just brightens the mood from the winter blues too! After searching the web, and viewing images of other "airplane tray table covers" (search it, you'll find them), I decided to create my own.  This is pic is of my first attempt.  Overall, it turned out fine and I am happy with the end result.  To give you an idea, this would slip over the airplane tra

Details, Details, and What Can We Do?

It's a girl!  Thank you for the excitement and prayers of joy for us as we announced our next adoption! We have kept our finger on the pulse in the adoption world since bringing home our son, and all I can contribute finding out about this adoption is by the direction of God the Father.  He "places the lonely in families!" - Psalm 68:6  I know that everyone is anxious to know more details, trust me, I know it's part of the excitement to hear the scoop! What I can say is that she is 7 years old and very petite.  She has brown eyes, brown curly hair, and beautiful brown skin.  Her smile is contagious and her eyes show that she is spunky inside of that tiny frame.  She loves to laugh and eat pie! What I can't say is all of her story.  It's very complicated, emotionally complex, broken. And at her age of understanding all that is going on around her, well, it's her story and we want to respect that privacy for her.  While this is a time of joy and cele

Miserly Moms Recipes

After posting some ideas about tips for the family budget, I had many positive responses and am encouraged that many of you will be putting forth an effort to set a food budget and stay within that budget.  Take a visit here to view the previous post. Miserly Moms by Jonni McCoy is an excellent resource for money saving tips, menus, recipes, and family organization.  After looking it up on Amazon, apparently my copy is the "collectable" edition...oh geez, that makes me feel old.  There is a newer edition that Jonni has available in a Kindle version for $7.99 .  Note: Kindles weren't invented yet when I was starting out as a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom)  Ha.ha.laugh.   Here are some highlights from the book (the one made of paper) :   1. Don't Confuse Frugality with Depriving Yourself  2. Remove Little Wasters of Your Money 3. Don't Buy Everything at the Same Store 4. Make Your Own Whenever Possible 5. Eliminate Convenience Foods 6. Cut Back on Meats